University Of Oxford Christy Cai
Data：2015-10-08 / Popularity： / Source：
Oct. 2008--Jul. 2012 Mphys Physics, University of Oxford, St Hugh’s College, Oxford, United Kingdom | Grade: Upper Second
Sep. 2007–Jul. 2008 Longslade Community College, Leicester, United Kingdom.A-level: Maths A, Further Maths A, Physics A, Chinese A, As Economic B | AEA: Maths Distinction, Physics Merit
Dec. 2011– Mar.2012
MPhys Research Project: Oceanic and tropospheric influences on European climate
• Study the ENSO events via ENSO toy models and some mixed mode ENSO model
• Use a high-top and low-top model to examine the ENSO effects in the equatorial Pacific
• Investigating the role that troposphere plays in the El Nino– European teleconnection and comparing with the stratosphere.
Oct. 2011– Jan.2012
Independent Research Project: Influence of different weather research and forecasting radiation programs on the numerical simulation of mesoscale convective weather
• Used the WRF model to simulate the process of a MCS event.
• Used two different radiation scheme programs to compare their impacts on the simulation.
• Short-wave radiation scheme has tiny impact while the long-wave has large impact.
HONORS AND AWARDS：
• UK SENIOR MATHEMATICAL CHALLENGE 2007, Gold Certificate
WORK AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE：
June. 2011 – Jul. 2011
Physics Tutor and Consultant, Youlin Summer Camp
• Worked as a consultant for advising students about universities and physics in the UK.
Aug. 2010 – Apr. 2011
Physics Tutor, Youlin Network Technology Ltd. (Part time)
• Online educational consulting firm.
• Private tutor on A-level Physics and Further Mathematics with highly satisfactory feedback.
• Offered a one-month intern over Christmas vacation in head office
Jul. 2009 – Aug. 2009
Volunteer Teacher in Gansu Province, China (volunteer)
• Personal tutor and English teacher for 30 kids of age 13, physics teacher for about 15 kids of age 15. Assistant for subjects structuring, timetable and responsibilities for a team of 13 volunteer teachers.
• My professional dedication was highly appreciated by the students and the headmaster even though the living and teaching conditions were very limited.
• Offered team leader for next year program.
LANGUAGE ABILITY AND PROGRAMMING SKILLS：
• IELTS:7, Mandarin (native), Cantonese (fluent)
• IT skills: IDL, Linux, C++, Wolfram Mathematica 8, Origin 8, Microsoft Office applications
• Oxford University Physics Society
• Oxford University Pistol Club
• St Hugh’s College Badminton Club: participate inter-college matches
• Swimming regularly, travelling and exploring new cultures